Make over, isn’t that an odd word. That sounds like it’s finished, as in over. Um, not quite. The sheetrock is up primed and painted. The trim is in the que waiting to be painted. The old carpet is up and gone from the West Wing, the new carpet is measured, but I know it hasn’t been ordered yet. There’s a holiday to contend with and when it comes to purchase orders, they wait until Tuesday. The tile has been picked, paid for, and then we got a call saying that the pretty pretty tile we wanted wouldn’t be available until mid October. Nope, we cancelled that part of the order and went to their competition to find something else that would be here much sooner. I will post a picture once the batteries are recharged on the camera.
We’ve come a long way this week,
- 2 trips to the transfer station, (the dump to some of you out there)
- 3 maybe 4 trips to either Lowe’s or Home Depot
- 3 trips to 2 different tile stores
- 1 breakfast out
- 1 lunch out
- 1 dinner out
- not all dining experiences on the same day
- 2 tanks of BBQ gas OUT
- 15-20 ibuprofen throughout the week, per person
- 1 trip to refill BBQ tanks (hopefully)
- 2 piles of cat barf, one out, one inside Damn cats!!!
- 1 hosing out of garden shoes when cat peed on them when I didn’t provide her with a litter box for the night. That’ll teach me.
- 4 movies as a treat after working hard all day
- 7 out of 9 days so far, of unseasonably cool weather.
- not enough alcohol in the house to ease the pain of remodeling.
- 2 days left on vacation
- 1 million or so more projects to do before we can move back into the west wing.
So there’s our little update…pictures to follow. And to follow in my own personal tradition of always having a picture, here’s a photo of a dinner we made the other night.
Fruit and Walnut stuffed Pork Loin. Thank you Cooking Light magazine.